Friday 5 October 2007

Remembering Anil Saari


My dear friend Anil Saari Arora, an eminent Cine-theorist, cine-critic in India
died after a 6 month of unbearable suffering with stomach cancer in October 2005. He and I kept up a correspondence using e-mail and he presented me with his latest output of poetry which was prolific and ranged from trite to sublime Here is the obituary & an appreciation which I wrote about him, and was printed in the memorial volume published for an exhibition of paintings held in memory of him by his close artist friends in New Delhi. I was too ill myself in a coastal town in England and could not attend. Here is my assessment of Anil Saari’s life and work.
Also remember to read some of his fine cine criticisms at Crimson Feet website:
http://magazine.crimsonfeet.org/auteur10.html

No comments: